Every parent wants to keep their kids safe at the pool. With twins, you have the added complexity of keeping your eyes on 2 kids at the same time. You also need twice as much stuff, which means that efficiency and safety supplies are double appreciated. These are our top 10 absolute favorite summertime pool supplies that make our swimming adventures as much fun as possible.
- Wagon – Whether you throw your stuff or your kids in the wagon, it frees up lots of hands for transporting from the car to the pool. We really love this model that is collapsible and easy to store in the trunk of our car. It’s so easy that even my dad can drag the kids around in it!
- Swim diapers – This GroVia brand is adjustable so they’ll last for the duration of the time that your kids need them.
- Swimmies – Remember the inflatable plastic swimmies that we all wore as kids? They were really uncomfortable and pinched your skin. Now they make these awesome foam/fabric ones that also go around your chest and work extremely well. We love these puddle jumpers!
- Sun hats – Our kids have such fair skin that we have them swim in sun hats. We found these wide brim, flexible hats that dry quickly. They’re UPF 50+ and keep the sun off of their heads. Our kids always have these on when we’re at the pool.
- One piece bathing suits – I love putting them in zip-up one piece bathing suits. It’s easy and the right styles can offer sun protection…and therefore less sunscreen application.
- Sunscreen – I loathe sticky sunscreen…almost as much as I loathe sunburns. This Badger sunscreen is really thick, but it works and stays on in the water for as long as our kids stay in the pool. With such fair baby skin, it’s worth using the good stuff to protect them.
- Pool Toys – At this age (27 months), they don’t need a lot of toys to have fun in the pool. The one object that they really love to have is a ball. These little Crocodile Creek balls are perfect for throwing around in the pool, and also kicking around when they play in the grass afterwards.
Other necessary items:
8. Bag for all the wet stuff
9. Giant towels for snacks
10. Snacks, snacks, snacks